kio-apt 0.13 and kpkgmanager 0.3.4 Rebuilt using gcc4 and the transitioned KDE packages (only for i386 for now, ppc packages to follow soon)
kpkgmanager 0.3.3 and kio-apt 0.12 Fixes for APT 0.6. Only small changes, it should still compile and work under apt < 0.6. (kpkgmanager is NOT binary compatible, so you should rebuild it if you are using Apt 0.5)
kpkgmanager 0.3.1 Fixes the most annoying bugs of 0.3 (and there were annoying bugs). I don't have much time to work on it these days :(
kpkgmanager 0.3 and kio-apt 0.11 Bugfixes (as usual). KPkgManager now has KIO/Apt support in the stats dialog (the dialog which appears when an action has been selected). Kio/Apt is more friendly when the window is smaller.
kio-apt 0.10 and kpkgmanager 0.2 Bugfixes
kio-apt 0.9 and kpkgmanager 0.1 kpkgmanager is the KDE equivalent of apt-get. It is quite stable, since it used a lot of apt-get code (and, of course, the APT libraries). The README files contains some important security informations.
I use it for my upgrades since a few weeks, so I can say it is quite stable atm.
Please read the TODO list at the bottom of the README file before sending me any wishlist item.
- A Kio-apt build for PowerPC
- New package: laptop-mode-tools it contains the various scripts used to remove/activate the laptop_mode in the kernel when you machine is (un)plugged. The package is available only for PowerPC in binary form, but I put the source package too
- New site layout
Kio-apt 0.8 Query form to rpmfind.net if rpm is used, thanks to David Maciejak
Kio-apt 0.7.2 Bugfixes
Kio-apt 0.7.1 Mainly code refactoring, but new features too:
- online search (on debian.packages.org for Debian users)
- can print the list of files in show? (configurable through a link)
- can show only a simple form with only the package search, or the complete form (configurable through a link)
Next step is kcm_apt ...
New kio-apt release (0.7) Adds support for RPM-specific functionalities, fixed a few bugs and a few cosmetic and usability changes. Adds polish translation too. Adding support for web-based search is on my to-do list, so don't ask for it. Many thanks to the guys who worked on it while I was skiing :)
Fixed the Release file apt-get didn't update the packages automatically (my repository was assigned a pin of 1 :(). Should be fixed now.